NJF Nordic Agricultural Congress 2022 – Agriculture in the Nordic Hemisphere
Iceland, August 2022 (exact dates to be announced later)
The Nordic Association of Agricultural Science, NJF, welcomes participants to our 27th International Congress on Nordic Agriculture. Besides gathering participants of the Nordic Hemisphere, this congress also celebrates a centennial jubilee. Our first NJF congress was held in Gothenburg, Sweden in 1921 and last time we visited Iceland was in 1995. We have thus waited 27 years to return to our Icelandic colleagues and do hope that participants all over the world are curious to meet and experience the hospitality of Iceland.
Aim and scope
- To present recent and relevant research, education, and advisory service activities in the Nordic-Baltic countries.
- To enhance and encourage Nordic-Baltic joint activities in agriculture
- To give PhD-students and MSc-students an opportunity to start networking with establish researchers.
Themes of conference
- Food Security
- Crisis Preparedness in Agriculture
- Animal welfare
- Carbon binding
- Rural development
- The agricultural society – education, working environment, social development
- Agriculture in a changing climate
- Novel Foods from Plants and Insects
- Reforestation, Erosion and Soil Conservation
- Short Growing Season
Sponsors and Exhibition Stand
NJF are looking for sponsors for the event. It will be possible for companies, organisations, and public authorities to have a stand for presentations of related products and activities.
The participation fee is not decided. We aim at having a lower fee for NJF members and for students
Registration will open in early 2022. NJF will present more information continuously.
A list of suitable hotels and other accommodation will be provided by the organising committee
Suggestion for participants
In case you already now have an interest in participation or would like to sponsor the congress, please contact Fredrik Fogelberg.
telephone +46 70 22 77 452
by mail to: NJF c/o RISE, Box 7033, SE-750 07 Uppsala, SWEDEN